cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off image preview Pro 100

Palouse
Contributor

Use Mac os 10.10 and a Pro 100 printer.  Typically print via Nikon Capture NX2.  How on earth do I turn off impage preiview--I've seen many comments here that says to do so, and Red River mentions that it degrades color mgmt. 

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In printer driver:

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks. That looks like a MS Windows screen. How does one do the same thing on a Mac? 

Sorry - didn't read closely enough. I don't get a preview when printing from LR on my MacBook. Perhaps its a software feature in your software?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't use a Mac either but I do use Nikon Capture NX2.  I could see no place to turn on or turn off  'print preview' inside it.

I don't believe print preview has anything to do with color management, though.  Where did you see that Red River said to not use it?  I use Red River papers all the time and don't recall ever hearing that.

This is a Canon forum so you might try a Nikon site for better info on their software.  I rarely use it as I consider it even worse than Canon's.  I prefer Adobe Lightroom.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have seen postings on the web where people say that having preview on affects printing. If I recall correctly the prints have a magenta cast. It has nothing to do with paper type.

I just tried printing from LR, PS, DPP directly and DPP via Print Studio Pro. In no case did I get a preview or did I ever see a place where I could turn preview on or off.

I am using the Canon IJ version of the printer, not the Bonjour version. I don't know if that matters.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Unless the 'print preview' screen has a way to further enhance a photo, I don't see how it could affect the print.  It doesn't re-write the print instruction that PS or LR has sent to the print driver(?)  It is simply intercepting the instructions and displaying them.  Like sending them to two different printers at the same time.  One would not affect the other(?)

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements