cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Install Pixma Pro-100 on a computer without CD reader?

HexAngel
Contributor

My computer has no CD Drive.

So, how do I install the printer and software?

I looked under the appropriate downoads for Pixma Pro-100 on the Canon site at

http://www.canon.ca/en/Contact-Support/Consumer/Downloads

But nothing there suggests its an installation/setup program.

Help! 😃

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi HexAngel,

The driver files include an installation program, and is usually not a problem with Windows computers.  If using a Mac, it is sometimes necessary to then add the printer in System Preferences.  Once the drivers are installed, any additional software can be added at your discretion.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BillS
Mentor

Hi HexAngel,

I checked the link provided, and you should be able to type "Pro-100" into the field, select your printer and press Enter.  A list of drivers and software will appear.  Clicking on an individual link will provide a description of the download, and "I agree- begin download" is at the bottom of the page.

Instead of using the Canadian site, you may also use the US site HERE.  The downloads appear to be the same, and the steps are not that much different.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi HexAngel,

The driver files include an installation program, and is usually not a problem with Windows computers.  If using a Mac, it is sometimes necessary to then add the printer in System Preferences.  Once the drivers are installed, any additional software can be added at your discretion.

Awesome. Thanks Bill. That's exactly what I needed. 😃

Cheers,

Patrick.

Hi again,

So, that did a bunch of stuff, but one of the steps in the setup manual is print head alignment. And, unfortunately, the driver setup didn't do that. I'm looking in the software options for something that will do that, downloading and running them, but so far no joy.

Aha! Figured it out. Via the maintenance tab in the printer properties 🙂

Announcements