cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I replaced all colors on my pixma pro 200 but it's printing awful colors!

kcrichton
Contributor

All of my ink ran out so I replaced everything with the correct ink and now it's printing everything with an ugly purple undertone...see attached photos for reference. 

I've done all of the provided maintenance options and tried everything I can think of...has anyone had this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it? I have events coming up in the next week and orders I need to fulfill so I need this fixed asap! 

IMG_0555.jpgIMG_0556.jpgPrinterEvaluationImage_V002_ProPhoto.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you using Canon brand ink?

Have you run a nozzle check?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes I’m using Canon brand ink! And I did do a nozzle check - including a photo of it!

image.jpg

 thanks for your reply!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Nozzle check looks good. Are you using the same paper and setting before and after the ink change?

I have a Pro-100 and I have never experienced all the ink running out at once. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, I’m using the same everything…two of the colors ran out a bit ago but I just replaced the rest of the colors yesterday…I talked to support and they seemed confused today too 😭

If you were printing with empty ink cartridges you could have damaged the print head. The design of the printer relies on ink for cooling the head. Did you get a warning message that the ink has run out? With a red X?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Oh wow I didn’t know that. I don’t recall having the ink run out before I replaced it but maybe it did? If that’s the case, do you know if a way to fix it? Or is the whole printer ruined?

I think you should contact Canon support and elevate if necessary for resolution to your problem. If the first agent is confused ask to elevate your problem to a higher level.  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ok I will do that!

However I played around with it year yesterday and now it’s printing fine until the end of the page and that’s where it’s printing with a purple tint…see picture below. Do you know anything about that??

F0449519-A236-42F9-A546-43F0A5CEEE3C.jpeg

Did your problem ever resolve?  I just bought the PRO 200.  And my initial pages are doing this same purple undertone.  Did a nozzle check.  Looks fine.  But any pinks/red/oranges/purples come out super blue and dark.  Haven't found a solution yet.

Announcements