cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greeting Card Printing - PIXMA Pro 100

Naturalpix
Apprentice

In need of some help!

I have built a greeting card on photoshop. It's 7x5 so the paper itself is 7x10.

The closest I have got is printing through PS (via the Canon Print screens) using a custom paper size but this automatically adds a boarder which is an issue. Once side of the card is a photo. If I select Boardless, I lose the custom paper size option.

I have today tried using My Image Garden Card Templates but have found that there is not a blank version. The two that have the right fold, have parts that you cannot change. You also cannot select the correct paper size.

There has to be a way round this! This printer has cost us hundreds of £s! Its a professional one & I am sure professionals print 7x5 cards!

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. 
Thanks loads.

22 REPLIES 22

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Check your personal messages.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Naturalpix
Apprentice
Hi All,
Still trying to resolve this issue - John in kindly giving me lots of solutions but they are not working my end.
All I need to do is print on 7x10 boarderless - how can it be this difficult?
Any ideas?

See this. It looks like Borderless on that size paper is not possible.

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips/how-to-print-11x14-borderless-canon-inkjet-printer.ht...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

erikcoonor
Apprentice

There are lots of issues in the greeting card printing. You can go for the instructions manual but after that if you can’t find the right solution then call the customer care they will assist you how to solve your problem.

I am having the same exact problem.  The reason why I purchased the pro 100 is becuase it as the printer recommended by Red River Paper on their webpage.  I am going to be very disappointed if I cannot print 5 by 7 cards with the photo borderless.  Part of my being advertising to potenital customers is that customers and/or recipients of the card can choose to frame the 5 by 7 print.  Please post if you are able to resolve this issue.  Thanks.

And the solution to your problem is a paper trimer.  You can not print non-standard paper sizes on a standard paper size sheet.

If you do there will be a white "border" which must be trimed.  It is actually very easy.  And it can be the cheapest way to print.

For instance I print wallet size, which is 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 , photos with as many that will fit on a large size paper and trim them afterwards.  You can't easily find 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 paper!  Nor will most printers print that size anyway. 

Plus some paper trimers can do several sheets at a time.  But a simple trimer is not very expensive.  Check Office Depot.

KISS is alway best.  Smiley Very Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Lame.  And extra work - why is this necessary?  If the Canon PIXMA Pro 100 can't do borderless 5x7 greeting cards, then it would be nice to understand why.  Is this a technical limitation or an oversight on the part of Canon?  It is a common activity on a common paper size.  Why is it not supported?

If you are talking about printing greeting cards on 5x7 paper (i.e. like a post card) the Pro-100 will do that borderless.

Borderless is not possible on non-Canon size paper (i.e.7x10 that you would fold to be 5x7)

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for the quick response. I like Red River papers.  So sad that the standard Red River size (10 x 7 to make 5 x 7 folding cards) is not also a standard Canon size.  Looks like I will have to settle for either the extra step of trimming the white borders - which means the envelopes won't be perfect any more - or start buying Canon standard size paper. A big disappointment.

Announcements