cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 9000( driver version 11.7.0.0 ) Is working well in YOSEMITE. Will it in EL CAPITAN??

ava3
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The Pro9000 does not appear to be compatible with the Yosemite operating system.  For more details, contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The Pro9000 does not appear to be compatible with the Yosemite operating system.  For more details, contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Actually Michael, ava3 is correct, the Pro 9000 works fine with Yosemite. The real question is why Canon stymies all of us Mac OS 10 users that would like to update the OS but cannot since we will lose printer function. This kind of policy will impact my next printer purchase...no doubt.

Hi bushrat3. Welcome to the forum. I will be trying to help a friend this weekend. You say you have the Pro-9000 working with Yosemite. Are you using the IJ Series driver or the AirPrint driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi JR,

I do not remember if I installed the driver from the CD that came with my printer or if my 2014 Mac Book Pro did that automatically.  If you can tell me how to determine what drivers I have, I would be glad to search it out and let you know.  You might be interested in what I learned from Apple Discusions.  There are two possible solutions, one is installing High Sierra or the new Catalina on an external drive which sounds like a hassle, but as Yosemite ages, more and more new programs become inassessible.  The other is a third party driver that another response to my post mentioned.  Both can be found here:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250672402?answerId=251283026022#251283026022

bushrat3

Thank you. If you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners you will see the installed printers. Click on the Pro-9000 and see what label/info shows. It should say IJ Series or AirPrint. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

All it says is Driver Version: 11.7.0.0 Does that tell you anything?

Screenshot 2019-09-28 10.56.09.png

Do you get something like this? What does it say for "Kind"?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

it only says "Canon Pro 9000" after Kind:

Thank you. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements