cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-100 missing colors

donmeier
Contributor

I haven't used this printer for awhile since I recently purchased a Canon TR8622.  However, when I tried to compare prints from both devices I discovered that the Pro-100 had gone completely out of whack as you can see from the nozzle check printout below.  Magenta, light gray and gray colors aren't even appearing.  The vertical bar next to the gray color is an odd assortment of yellow and green lines.

donmeier_0-1671485494340.png

As you can imagine the prints are coming out in atrocious colors. 

donmeier_1-1671486197076.png

I'm using Windows 10 with LD Products carts.  I've tried cleaning and deep cleaning several times.   I ran the print head alignment but only got an error message after the first page.  I even tried the bottom plate cleaning.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.  I didn't even bother with the firmware since I wasn't getting anywhere. 

I'm getting rather discouraged.  Does anyone have some thoughts on this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Some channels aren’t printing. Looks like you printed less than 100 pages. 

Remove one of the cartridges that aren’t printing and touch the ink port on the bottom. If ink gets on your fingers it means the cartridge is OK and the head is probably blocked. If the cartridge doesn’t ink your fingers wet a paper towel and try and dissolve dried ink in the port. 

I am assuming when you remove the cartridge it has ink in it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Some channels aren’t printing. Looks like you printed less than 100 pages. 

Remove one of the cartridges that aren’t printing and touch the ink port on the bottom. If ink gets on your fingers it means the cartridge is OK and the head is probably blocked. If the cartridge doesn’t ink your fingers wet a paper towel and try and dissolve dried ink in the port. 

I am assuming when you remove the cartridge it has ink in it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John, 

I'm almost too embarrassed to admit this, but when I replaced these cartridges recently I had forgotten to remove the adhesive strip.  As soon as I removed that and ran a nozzle check, it worked perfectly again.  Entirely my bad.  Thanks so much for your prompt and helpful advice. 

Don

Announcements