cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 100 Printer Stopped Printing Correctly

tjdonofrio
Contributor

After operating without any issues for 3 years my Canon Pro100 started printing very badly -- colors not correct, colors washed out, no contrast or sharpness of any kind -- I changed the ink tanks even some not needing changing -- ran all cleaning utilities (twice)  and the test pages printed correctly -- prints are still all washed out and not correct 

UsIng a MacBook Pro with High Sierra -- note printer communicates correctly for color prints with my HP All-in-One.

Any similar experiences or thoughts on a solution.   Thank You

Regards

Terry D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi tjdonofrio,

The sequence you listed is the best way to remove and reinstall the printer.

As far as connecting with a USB, that is really up to to you. If you only print from the one device and dont need to print wirelessly from other devices then I would recommend connecting the printer with the USB cord.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you make any changes to your MacBook?

Try reinstalling the Canon driver and be sure you are selecting the IJ Series version of the printer, not the AirPrint version.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks

I did reinstall the latest drivers already -- will check on the versions I am installing and try again.  No changes to Mac since High Sierra update.

Thanks Again

Terry

One more update -- the problem occurs on both versions of the printer.  Before I scrap this printer and get another Pro 100 (rebate until the end of year), I may try reinstalling the software.  

Thanks Again

Terry 

You want to see this info, but it does sound like a bad unit.

Monosnap 2018-12-05 08-58-52.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Continued Thanks

Terry

My similar screen says 2.0 for Driver Version ???

I guess I better definitely download new drivers.

Thanks

Terry

Do you have a good link you use for the latest Canon Printer Drivers ?

Thanks

Terry

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

You might want to also delete the existing printer and re-add when you download new driver. Wait a few minutes for the Canon version to appear when you click "+"; the AirPrint/Bonjour driver usually appears first.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

My mistake 

When I go to the non airprint version of the printer it says 16.20.0.0.

I should be OK

Terry

Announcements