cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 100 Printer Stopped Printing Correctly

tjdonofrio
Contributor

After operating without any issues for 3 years my Canon Pro100 started printing very badly -- colors not correct, colors washed out, no contrast or sharpness of any kind -- I changed the ink tanks even some not needing changing -- ran all cleaning utilities (twice)  and the test pages printed correctly -- prints are still all washed out and not correct 

UsIng a MacBook Pro with High Sierra -- note printer communicates correctly for color prints with my HP All-in-One.

Any similar experiences or thoughts on a solution.   Thank You

Regards

Terry D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi tjdonofrio,

The sequence you listed is the best way to remove and reinstall the printer.

As far as connecting with a USB, that is really up to to you. If you only print from the one device and dont need to print wirelessly from other devices then I would recommend connecting the printer with the USB cord.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Thanks

I will reinstall the printer with new drivers before I go further.  That should definitely determine if I have a bad unit.

Thanks

Terry

What is the best sequence:

Delete the printers

Install Drivers

Wait and reinstall printer ???

Thanks

Terry

Hi tjdonofrio,

If you still have any print quality issues after installing the driver, please let us know and we will be happy to further assist you.

Arthur J.

Thanks I will let you know how it goes.  Hope it works this has been a very good large format printer over last few years.

What is best sequence to reinstall:

Delete Printer

Reinstall Drivers

Reistall Printer 

Thanks

Terry

When reintalling the printer is it best to use the USB connection to printer ????

Thanks

Terry

Hi tjdonofrio,

The sequence you listed is the best way to remove and reinstall the printer.

As far as connecting with a USB, that is really up to to you. If you only print from the one device and dont need to print wirelessly from other devices then I would recommend connecting the printer with the USB cord.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Everyone 

Thanks for your answers to my questions -- I think I should have indicated how I use the printer to get the right answer on USB installation of the drivers.

When I print 8x10 for non photo printing I use WiFi or Airprint -- when I do photo print of 13 x19 I use the USB cord so as not to have to send all the info over WiFi.

Given that should I reinstall the printer using USB or WiFi.

Thanks Again

Terry

Hi Terry. My Windows PC is close enough to the printer that I can connect via WiFi. We have two Mac computers that connect via WiFi. All three computers are used for photo printing. 

My initial setup was via USB on PC and I added the two Macs later via WiFi.

That's not a direct answer, but I think it doesn't matter.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Arthur J

I downloaded the latest Pro100 Driver and reinstalled the printer -- still the same issues .... 

Unless you have other ideas I am at a dead end.

Surprised this happened -- even though its 3 years old the Pro100 only had moderate use for large (13x19) prints for photo shows etc.

Thanks

Regards

Terry Donofrio

Sports Photography

Canon: 1DXMk2, 5DMk3, 7DMk2, 300mm f2.8, 70-200f2.8, 24-70f2.8, 400mm f5.6 plus other lenses, teles, flashes and accessories

If you run a nozzle check it will tell you ho many prints have been made. Call the tech line Arthur J posted and see if they have any suggestions.

When Canon runs the rebate you can get a brand new printer for less cost than the ink set in the box, so that is a bright spot.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements