cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 "Greyed-Out" Settings

TylerLund
Contributor

I can't figure out how to adjust these settings, and it's driving me up a wall. I have read some things about disabling color management from the driver. I wish to do this but I can't figure out how, any help would be greatly appreciated. Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 9.16.16 PM.png

26 REPLIES 26

Back again. It looks like you have multiple versions of the printer installed (copy 1, 2 3 I see). Are any of them Bonjour or AirPrint series?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I do believe that the AirPrint might be Bonjour, which I've read is wrong I think. I deleted and started from scratch before downloading those 3 in a frustrated state of mind. Should I delete them all and try again? I don't see it changing much at this point. 

Right, I'd really like to be able to change the media type, and simply access the settings like I'm supposed to be able to even if I don't need them all. I am using Pro Luster Paper at the moment, so that's okay but I'd like to try others too. My driver seems to be right, I really cannot figure out the issue. I will give you a call around 3 or so if that's still okay. Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 11.09.14 AM.png

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
3PM would be fine.

My suggestion is delete all copies of the printer. Be sure you have the latest driver. Reinstall driver. Click “+” to add printer and wait for several minutes. The real Canon driver comes up after Bonjour/AirPrint versions. Could take 3 or 4 minutes.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I will try that when I get home, it should be the IJ version, right? Thanks again, I really appreciate all the help. 

Yes, IJ version.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 4.02.53 PM.pngRunning out of time to call before going to work. I tried getting rid of the current printers (1,2,3) and getting the IJ version, but it hasn't made any difference. Right back to here sadly, I'm perplexed and frustrated by this. I'd much prefer to use Lightroom to print so I can softproof and have more control. I have Print Studio Pro downloaded but I don't like it all that much. 

Laptop or desktop? I am busy Thursday and Friday but could meet you at Conway library Saturday. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Laptop, mid 2012 MacBook Pro Retina. I could make sure to be there on Saturday if that works for you. 

Works for me. 10AM when it opens?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements