cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 printing difficulties

JMPaterson
Apprentice

Okay so I was just on this forum and corrected my printing issues.

I haven't used the printer until this morning, I printed the exact same image

and now instead of it printing dark which was the initial issue... its back to 

printing dark AND my bright greens are cyan and my yellows are light blue.

I checked my ink levels and they are full.

I am printing through Photoshop CS6, and have Photoshop in control of the

printing. Thats all I had to do to fix my darkness problem last time.

I am not completely computer illiterate though when it comes to this I am

very new and don't know the first thing on correcting these issues so I need

it explained as if I am stupid, step-by-step.

I have a Mac, PS-CS6 and a Canon Pixma Pro-100. Please help me correct

my printing issues. This is very frustrating. I just want to print what I see on my

screen. 😞

9 REPLIES 9

JMPaterson
Apprentice
I'd just like to add that I did a test print with my crappy $100 HP printer and it printed a little dark but the colours were as on screen...

JMPaterson
Apprentice
Issued resolved!

First, you must not let the printer set anything.  Turn off every bit off control it has.  You can do this with the Canon My Printer under the Printer Settings tab.  Do you know how?  I will guess, yes, for now but if you don't get back to me.

Second, you need to have your photo editor (like Photoshop) handle all the settings and color matching.  You know how to do this? I prefer Photoshop and I use AdobeRGB color space.

And lastly, it is essential you get some settings on your monitor that somewhat matches what the printer is printing.  Your printer may be doing exactly what you are telling it to do and you have no idea it is, because your monitor is so far off.  If you don't do this step, you can forget the other steps.  However, there are only a few things that you need to be concerned with. You don't need any fancy extra add-ins to do this.  No additional software or gadgets, etc.

Most people set their monitors too bright.

You must get the gray-scale very close.  You need to get the brightness very close and you need the contrast very close.

After you do these things you can make adjustments to your prints by just looking at your screen.  Because you know the monitor and printer are on the same level.  One more point, you can NOT get a printer to print every color exactly the way you saw it.  It isn't possible as all colors and adjustments effect all others.  My goal is to get the skin tones right.  That is what people notice most. Remember you are dealing with two different disciplines here.  One is colored light and the other is colored dyes.  They are not the same thing.

For instance, I know my Pro-100 tends to print darker than what I see on the monitor (typical).  So, I automatically know to set it's prints 1/2 to one stop brighter in Photoshop, in my case.  It also prints with a slightly warn tone.  Most of the time, with portraits especially, this if OK but sometimes it is not.  In that case I adjust the "temp" setting slightly cooler in PS.

All the Canon photo printers I have ever seen have this warm/magenta cast.  Canon engineers must prefer this look.  It can not be changed.  You need to "fix" it in post.

Make sure you have the correct ICC profiles and you are using Canon brand ink and paper until you get good with the printer.  Very, very important, otherwise you don't know if the printer is doing exactly what you are telling it to or not.

Important is, use the USB connection until everything is right.  You are just adding another issue when you try to set up the printing and the wireless all at the same time.  Just like using Canon branded products until it is a go.  Use a real printer USB cable.  Not just any old USB cable. Get everything right before you explore.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

How did you resolve it?

galoman
Apprentice

Please help me 

I just want to print lyrics for songs

and this printer PRO100  printer is not accepting paper

I PUT BASIC PAPER ON THE LOAD DONT KNOW IF ITS THE LOAD IN THE FRONT OR IN THE BACK 

BUT IT DOESNT LOAD PAPER

not printing just words

is my roomate printer who is never home but he is a photographer so i guess he set it up so that you cannot print

word ? is that even possible?

Assuming that you are printing from the same computer that your roommate uses try putting the paper in the paper feeder at the top side rear of the printer. Be sure to flip the cover closed after you load paper.

If you are using a different computer is the printer installed on that computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

galoman
Apprentice
I’m “printing “ from my Mac laptop. I put all the paper In the rear tray. I put it carefully . It is connected because the printer makes all this noise that it is receiving the order to print. But it doesn’t load the pepper and then the yellow light blinks. Very frustrating. I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying above about flipping the cover closed? What cover closed? When you’re feeding in the rear the cover has to be closed. Do you have like a graphic to illustrate what you’re saying?

Sounds like you are loading paper correctly. In the printing dialog that should appear when you select "Print" in your software are you choosing the Rear Tray and not Manual tray? Sometimes the printer can be fussy. Try loading a single sheet. If that doesn't work give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The front of the printer has a door that you hinge open (and you can optionally extend a shelf to hold your prints as they exit the printer).  It must be open to use the printer.

The top-back of the printer has a door that hinges up and this doubles as the feeder tray.

But BELOW that feeder door, is a 2nd hinged door (Canon calls it the "feeder slot cover") that flips foward.  This reveals the guides that you can adjust left/right for the width of your paper.

Once you adjust the guides for the correct width, you must flip that feeder slot cover back (to close it).  The larger door (that doubles as a feeder tray) remains open... it's the lower cover that must be shut.

The yellow (orange) light on the front will blink some number of times to indicate a problem.  

For example... if it wants to report that the printer is out of paper ... it would blink 2 times... then a pause... then it will blink 2 times... then a pause... and it would repeat.

Count how many times it blinks... between pausing.  This tells you (and us) why it's not willing to print.

See:  https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART152956

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements