cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 Don't seems to be able to print 4x6

limvo05
Rising Star

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone ran into this same issue? I was able to print 13x19, 5x7, but I don't seem to be able to print to 4x6. Every time I tried to print to 4x6 I would run into "paper jam" error. I have tried practically everything, from using the rear tray which I don't believe is designed for 4x6 paper. The top-loading seems to have problems with handling 4x6 papers. It would feed halfway and then jam.

For the record, what paper size would you be using with the rear feeder (i.e. the doors at the back of the printer)?

Thank you,

LV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi John,

I finally got the issue resolved. I contacted Canon's tech support and the gentleman was very helpful. he suggested that I should run the Roller Clean Utility. After that, I was able to print without issue. We did two test prints, once with the Canon software and the other with LR.

As always, much appreciated your help with sugging to contact Canon Tech Support.

Cheers,

Lim

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi.

Annotation 2019-09-11 134438.jpg

The rear tray can be fussy with small paper like 4x6. Check for any paper particles in the  feed and position carefully. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Thank you for the info. Actually I've read the manual and it was rather confusing when Canon refer to rear tray as the top tray and the manual feed is really the rear tray.

As stated in my orinal note, everything I used the 4x6 paper, the printer would run into issue, in fact i would get a 13000 error, i.e. paper jam. I believe what happening is that the paper is too short, as the printer roller spins and load the paper, it would slip right in but failed to capture the rest. I will try to take a photo and post here shortly.

Thanks again,
LV

Hi LV.

Nomenclature is confusing, but there is a front tray - the CD/DVD print tray.

I have printed 4x6 with my Pro-100. Not alot, just use that size for snapshots one at a time, but it did work fine for me. I have seen other posts where folks also have problems. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

Here are the steps I took.

First load the 4x6 paper into the tray

IMG_5579.jpg

Second, configure the printer to the specific settings, e.g. paper size, orientation, etc.

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5580.jpg

Third, print. Each time I tried to print, the paper would jam as the feeder somehow not able to load or feed the paper properly, it would stucks halfway as shown in the next photo

IMG_5576.jpg

I can remove the jammed paper and try again, and the same result each time.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Lim

Hi Lim. Nothing obviously wrong from what I can see. Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for the number. I'll give them a call and see what happen. Just a thought, should I try printing from Photoshop? I can't see why the software would make a different since it's seems the printer is having problem handling 4x6 papers.

Lim

Hi John,

I finally got the issue resolved. I contacted Canon's tech support and the gentleman was very helpful. he suggested that I should run the Roller Clean Utility. After that, I was able to print without issue. We did two test prints, once with the Canon software and the other with LR.

As always, much appreciated your help with sugging to contact Canon Tech Support.

Cheers,

Lim

Hi, thank you for posting the advice here! I had the same problem and once I've completed the Roller Cleaning, my canon pixma pro-100 printer was able to print a 4x6 photo!

Thank you for posting this !!! I did a Google search for printing on 4x6 paper. Doing the cleaning now. Thank you sooo much !! Let the scrapbooking begin !!! - Kate

Announcements