cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImagePROGRAF Pro-300 Colour banding on luster and glossy papers

AG-AGP
Apprentice

This printer produces prints with colour banding on all colour prints from letter to 13x19 size.
Nothing has helped to get rid of the issue. This banding is apparent on Canon Pro Luster paper, Canson Photographique Satin when print in colour. Printing B+W images on any stock there is no problem or banding.
I have checked nozzle alignment. Done nozzle clean and deep nozzle clean all to no avail. Done a cleaning paper feed rollers. Turned off WiFi. It appears I have an expensive B+W only printer!
Now just burning up colour inks - I have gone through two sets so far to no avail. I have tried to call Canon Customer Service 4 times now but I'm on hold for 20 to 30 minuets! 
I need help here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution Found!
I use Capture One Pro for my print/photo management.  Advice from a Canon Customer Rep was to make sure that (with C1Pro) in Printer Settings > Media & Quality> Media Type "Photo" and Quality "Best". The default is for "Normal" which is the issue. That solution has worked. It will use more inks but the outputs are perfect so far.
This remedy I believe will apply to any software used.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What operating system? If macOS do you have the Canon IJ Series driver installed and not the Apple AirPrint driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I'm using MacOS Sonoma 14.4 and I'm connected via USB no AirPrint. I have disconnected the WiFi connection.

Solution Found!
I use Capture One Pro for my print/photo management.  Advice from a Canon Customer Rep was to make sure that (with C1Pro) in Printer Settings > Media & Quality> Media Type "Photo" and Quality "Best". The default is for "Normal" which is the issue. That solution has worked. It will use more inks but the outputs are perfect so far.
This remedy I believe will apply to any software used.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements