cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 13x19 borderless & Canon Print Studio Pro Issues

shumba411
Apprentice

Hi,

Using Macbook pro,OS X 10.10.5, lightroom CC (2015.1.1), Photoshop CC 2015, Canon Print Studio Pro (1.4.1)

So i just recently purchased a canon pixma pro-100. The first issue i have is that i cannot open Canon Studio Pro from Lightroom becuase i keep getting the following message on attempt:

"A printer supported by this software is not found. Connect a printer supported by this software, and then install its driver.
Exiting Print Studio Pro"

Also, there is no option in photoshop to even open it up at all. When i try to print 13x19 prints borderless, i cannot. I keep getting a 1/4" border around the image. 

Can anyone help me with these issues? Much apprectiated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Printing with a Canon printer on Mac is a challenge; nothing like Windows.

1. I am able to get PSP to work with LR, but not PS. Download the 8/21/15 file update from the canon support site.

2. Make sure in addition to installing the CUPS driver that you fron the IJ Network Tool in the Canon Utilities folder.

3. When you go to add the printer in System Preferences wait a while, some times a minute or two, for the system to find the IJ Printer. You want that, not the Bonjour version.

Once you do 2 and 3 you should now have a Borderless Printing option in the dropdown where Paper Handling shows in your screen capture.

I also select a paper profile in Color Management rather than Managed by Printer.

This is why you want PSP on a Mac

If that isn't working get back to us.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First you don't really need PSP.

Second you have a setting in either LR or PS set wrong.  In LR for instance you may have a stroke boarder set.  Remove it.

And you may have the wrong paper size set in either LR, PS or the printer. They must match.  And lastly you must tell the printer it is borderless.  This is a settings issue in your software.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I had issues getting PSP to work with LR CC and PS CC on Windows machine. I emailed Canon and they told me where to manually isert the plugin.

Email them with your problem.

ebiggs1 is correct - you don't NEED PSP, but it does make getting all the "switches" in the correct position.  Particulary important on a Mac. It is entirely different than Windows when it comes to the driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi Ebiggs1,

So i went through all my settings and couldn't find the "stroke boarder":

OK, using lightroom in the Print module i went to "Page Setup":

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 9.08.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 9.08.39 PM.png

I set up a custom paper size for 13x19....

Then i went to "Printer Settings":

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 9.09.09 PM.png

In the 'Media & Quality" section i set to manual feed and photo paper....

I also have the following settings in the lightroom print module:

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 9.09.27 PM.png

Where am i going wrong? 

Thanks in advance for your help....

Printing with a Canon printer on Mac is a challenge; nothing like Windows.

1. I am able to get PSP to work with LR, but not PS. Download the 8/21/15 file update from the canon support site.

2. Make sure in addition to installing the CUPS driver that you fron the IJ Network Tool in the Canon Utilities folder.

3. When you go to add the printer in System Preferences wait a while, some times a minute or two, for the system to find the IJ Printer. You want that, not the Bonjour version.

Once you do 2 and 3 you should now have a Borderless Printing option in the dropdown where Paper Handling shows in your screen capture.

I also select a paper profile in Color Management rather than Managed by Printer.

This is why you want PSP on a Mac

If that isn't working get back to us.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Guys!

Thank you for the help. It worked... i have borderless working now. Turns out i didn't use the IJ Network tool to add the printer. Thats why PSP couldn't see the printer even though i added it through osx add printer. After i got that installed and added, PSP opened right up and i was able to print borderless. Going to test printing directly from LR and see what happens but for now i think i am good. Thank you all for the help and suggestions.

Thanks for your reply.  I don't use PSP, but I do use LR and PS.  I had the same issue and your step 3 fixed my issue.  The first one to come up is the Bonjour and when that is selected, you don't get the option for A3+ standard or borderless.  It also does not give you the options to select the ICC profiles or many other features.

Since the Pro-100 is a professional printer, this should be in the instructions for installing the printer.  I bet there are a lot of people who are missing functionality and don't even know it.

"... this should be in the instructions for installing the printer."

That is a a Mac issue and not a Canon.  It changes, or might change, with each OS that Apple comes out with.  It can be very confusing.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Just discovered this solution to this maddening issue, as well. VERY very frustrating. Wasted an entire afternoon on it.

Still cannot get my document in Pages to print landscape on this printer with A3+ size paper. Any suggestions? It works fine with 8.5x11" paper. 

Thanks!

If you are using IJ printer version (not Bonjour) go into File_>Page Setup window in Pages and select A3+ under Page Attributes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements