cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma PRO-100S flat colour and dark colours issue.

giada_ghw
Apprentice

Hi Everybody,

I recently bought a Canon Pixma PRO-100S, after watching many reviews, I'm quite happy with it, but when I print I can see that on some flat colours (and also on more complex one, but I would say that I notice it whenever it's a darker tone) some white pixels or dots (see attached image).

I'm not using photo paper, I'm using tho a really smooth paper. 

I used this paper:

Maestro supreme ( https://www.mondigroup.com/en/products-and-solutions/office-and-professional-printing-papers/office-...  )

I also tried other kinds of paper, but as I bought it from a shop as a single file I don't know the exact brand but it's very close to the Maestro.

About the software and settings. I used Photoshop, I tried with Media type: both Photo and Plain paper. With the higher quality.

Am I doing something wrong? is the paper? Is the printer? Are the settings? 

Thanks for your help 😉

test print.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Reading the description of the paper at the linked site it looks like this paper is really intended for pigment inks. The Pro-100 printers are dye ink printers. So yes, I think your probelm is the paper.

Get some Canon paper, like Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster or Photo Paper Plus SemiGloss and try that.

2019-05-24.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi,

THanks for you answer.

Do you think this paper would work well?

Capture.JPG

[link removed per forum guidelines; screenshot added in its place to aid conversation]

I need the paper mostly for promotional calendars (so given for free).

Or can you suggest a paper good for flyers (so cheaper than the photo paper and also double sided and with a gr under 100)

Thanks.

That looks like it would be a suitable paper for your intended purpose.

Select Canon Matte Photo Paper as the media and profile.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements