Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Help re: Diagnosis Pixma pro-100 colors

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a Pixma pro 100 that I hadnt used in a year and I tried printing an image but all the skin colors and clothes look magenta.

- I printed on a different color ink printer at work, and it was perfect.

- I replaced all the ink cartridges and it didnt help.

- I flushed the printerhead with water following instructions online and it didnt help.

- I ran the nozzle check and it looked normal to me (excuse the black box on the bottom, I printed something on the back). What should I do now?

OriginalIMG_8234.JPG

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

New Contributor

Re: Help re: Diagnosis Pixma pro-100 colors

Update: I printed out a form in grayscale and the gray comes out PURPLE. But the black text is still black. I printed out the previous photo in black and white and it looked like a purple hue as well (not pictured). Any clue?

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Honored Contributor

Try one or two deep cleanings and see what happens.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

2 deep cleanings didnt help. 

Anyone know if this could be a 'fried print head'? I'm not sure what that would look like.

Also I did a printer head alignment and all the colors were represented except for yellow. Is that normal?

Would anyone recommend buying a new printhead as the next course of action?

Honored Contributor

No, not normal that one of the inks doesn’t print.

I would not buy a new print head. I would look/wait for one of the rebate deals. You get a new head, full set of ink, some paper and a new printer for less than the cost of a set of ink.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Super Contributor

Hi JimmyD2,

With the information provided, I would recommend troubleshooting with our support group to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).