cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PRO-300 on standby

foxtailstudio
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm having a weird problem and not having much luck with trouble-shooting. I have two computers that connect to my Canon PRO-300 for printing. I made one successful print today, but cannot print any more - the file is sent to the queue and sits there with printer status on "standby". The printer is not displaying any error messages (or any messages at all). 

One computer is a desktop running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. The other is a laptop running MacOS Monterey 12.6.7. I have restarted both computers and discharged power on the printer and restarted it as well. The printer is connected to the wifi router with a wired LAN connection. The printout for the LAN connection says the printer does not have a connection problem.

Any suggestions welcome!

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please click HERE for the steps to print the network settings page from your printer. Once it prints, please reply to the following: 

• What is the signal strength in row 3-2-1? 
  • Does the SSID in row 3-2-6 match the network your computers are connected to? 
  • Does the IP address in row 3-2-12 start with a 192 or 10?

Also,  open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page. Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

We look forward to your reply. 

If you would like to speak to someone live about this issue, you will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Hello,

There were no answers to your 3 questions in the network printout sheet because it is a *wired* LAN connection. However, I did find out that the printer's IP address was not showing up in my router's list of connected devices. Having determined this, I unplugged and replugged the connecting cable (which I had also tried on the day of the problem). It seems to have been fixed for now.

Thank you.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements