cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon Pro 100 - How do I get the "back" printer to operate.

TheRogue1000
Contributor

Canon's calling the "top" printer the "rear" printer is utterly confusing.  In any case, I can' seem to get the printer to make use of the "back" printer, the part that prints up to 13x19.  Any help here?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

In truth, I can't recall and haven't found a way to check that. As I don't think I've ever seen an IJ Network link that I can remember, if I had to make a choice, I probably would have chosen Bonjour. No promises, though. <g> Btw, I did write to Canon Support and asked if there were any way I might get your software. No reply as yet.

View solution in original post

You said you've printed, so we can assume printer is installed correctly onto Mac.

I opened a document in Pages and selected print and get the same printer window as I posted earlier.

It happens automatically when I select print, with the same required to show detail as I discussed earlier.

The first thing you need to do is to get this window open in Pages. Then, if you can't get it in your graphics program its a program issue.

Fullscreen_10_24_15__8_03_PM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would agree with your opinion that the Canon nomenclature isn't intuitive. 

Pixma_Pro-100_Rear_View.PNG

The slot on the rear panel is called the Manual Feed Tray.   Select the Manaul Feed Tray to use it.

I put 13x19 sheets into the top loading Rear Tray all the time, BTW

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

And select Manual Feed in print setup.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

This seems to be instructions for a pc, rather than a Mac.  I seem to have no access anywhere to the manual feed.

Did you install the Bonjour option or IJ Network version. You want the IJ version. I'll get on my Mac and get to driver there.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Capture.JPG

I am not familiar with your software, so I can't help you get to the driver screen, but this screen appears when I select Print in my software.

You need to be using the IJ Network version of the printer. If you don't have it go back to printer installation page in System Preferences and add it via the + sign.

If you don't get this large window then the yellow highlighted "Hide Details" will say "Show Details" nClick it.

On the right side the yellow highlighted "Quality & Media" is a dropdown option. You can select many options.

When you are all finished selecting what you want you can create a preset that you load the next time and all choices will be where you want.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I love the look of your software.  Unfortunately, it seems to be for camera only.  I tried to download it from Canon but it asks for which camera I have.  Your various directions don't seem to have application to my printer. 😞  You refer to the IJ version of the printer.  Do you mean the IJ printer network SOFTWARE?  Or is there separate s/w for the printer installation itself?  (You may be able to tell here that I'm not a deep died techie! :/)

As well, I don't have a "printer installation page" in my System Prefs. I'm using OS 10.6.8.

In truth, I can't recall and haven't found a way to check that. As I don't think I've ever seen an IJ Network link that I can remember, if I had to make a choice, I probably would have chosen Bonjour. No promises, though. <g> Btw, I did write to Canon Support and asked if there were any way I might get your software. No reply as yet.

You said you've printed, so we can assume printer is installed correctly onto Mac.

I opened a document in Pages and selected print and get the same printer window as I posted earlier.

It happens automatically when I select print, with the same required to show detail as I discussed earlier.

The first thing you need to do is to get this window open in Pages. Then, if you can't get it in your graphics program its a program issue.

Fullscreen_10_24_15__8_03_PM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements