cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro9000 no black!

toyboy
Contributor

I've been printing up a little cartoon book, that is all drawn in graphite. So after printing some tests - using the original RGB files, changing files to greyscale, printing in "greyscale mode" - that it was the latter that came best to how I want it to look.

I've printed some 240 9"x12" sheets flawlessly. Then all of a sudden two pages come out very light. I ran a nozzle check test and the BLACK was showing some streaks, although nothing I would call alarmingly bad. But I ran a cleaning. Still got streaks. and then after a second cleaning and doing another the nozzle check test print out, the BLACK completely disappeared. I then ran a deep cleaning, but the BLACK is still not there.

What's odd is that maybe some 20 or 30 sheets in, the black cartridge needed to be replaced. But that replacement still ran some 200 sheets through perfectly fine. It is hard to imagine that anything got clogged.

I haven't yet tried putting in yet another cartridge since the one in there is still reading full. But if anyone advises that's the next thing to try, I'll do that. (The red light on the BLACK is solid on; not blinking).

Could that whole nozzle just suddenly have gone bad/broke?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aiyiyi.... never mind! I put in yet another cartridge and it works fine. So it looks like a brand new cartridge went bad rather quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

toyboy
Contributor

I've seen on other posts that Canon asks for operating system. I doubt that's the issue, but I'm using Windows XP (the last one in the country before Microsoft sends its firing squad out my way.)

Aiyiyi.... never mind! I put in yet another cartridge and it works fine. So it looks like a brand new cartridge went bad rather quickly. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements