cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canaon Pro-100 ink tank full, printer says it is empty?

jag-v8
Contributor

I have a Canaon PRO-100 that continually needs to be deep cleaned if I forget to do a print at least every day or 2 times a day, also it says ink tanks are empty even though they are FULL or nearly so, what is the problem, I have read that this is a known problem with Canon PRO-100's is there a solution?

9 REPLIES 9

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have never done that.  I have two Pro-100's.  Are you using real Canon branded ink?  If not do so.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hello.

Please ensure that you are using new, genuine Canon brand ink tanks.  Refilled or 3rd party inks may not be detected properly.

If you are using genuine Canon brand inks and the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Put brand NEW Canon cartridge in 3 days prior, used it once or twice, next time I went to use it, it said it was empty, still full of liquid ink and sponge was full also, this is not the first time this has happened. I only use genuine Canon Ink.

Call Canon support.  That is not normal.

EB

This time as the last, put new tank in and it says all is OK.

My unit is out of warrenty, they don't care.

"... they don't care."  Smiley Frustrated

They will still help you.  There is a point where every company has to stop "warranty" claims.  But warranty or not Canon is one of the best for customer support. They will still help you.

If you call and get crumdungen, hang up and call back.

EB

Read my relply above

just spent 35 minutes on the phone with Canon Support, no solutions offered other than, buy a new printer, take it in to canon service location where the basic charge is more than the cost of buying a new printer, or buy a non refundable non returnable print head that will cost more than 1/2 the price of a new printer and probabily won't fix the problem,so no real solution offered. So I guess that leaves only one solution,I will throw it away and buy a new printer.

Announcements