cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 only printing one color group

Albe4bim
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA PRO_100 printer and I did not use it for about six months. Recently I tried to make some photos prints and had bad results. I did a deep cleaning on the maintenance program several times with no success. I took out the printer and cleaned it and got similar results. So I assumed it was the printer head that was giving problems. I bought a new one and installed it, got the same results. When I print a copy of the test after deep cleaning only one of the two groups colors are printing, nothing on group 2...i.e. Cyan, Black, Light Grey and Grey. The inks are all filled and the they are all lit up in the printer head. Can you kindly assist me ?

Regards,
Albert

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are the inks new as well? If you touch the sponge at bottom of cartridge does your finger get ink on it?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your response... Yes there are all new cartridges and the ink is flowing well.

Call or email the Canon support line. I have always found them very helpful. See second entry. 

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Printer-Discussion/FOR-OLDER-PIXMA-PRINTER-I-NEED-THE-DRIV...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That I will do... thanks again

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I took out the printer and cleaned it ..."

Whoa!  Smiley Surprised  How did you "clean" it?  This is something you can screw up pretty easily.

You might try a reinstall of the software and drivers.  It is possible you added some new software that interfered with it.

Completely remove the old driver first, however.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements