cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Pixma Pro-100 runny, wet prints

mitch236
Contributor

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I just set up my brand new Pro-100 printers using Canon ink and paper and the prints are coming out very wet and runny.  I print from Lightroom.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks everybody.  I tried a different paper and that solved the issue so either I was printing the wrong side of the first paper (since it doesn't have a watermark on the back) or the paper is the issue.  I would bet I was printing on the wrong side.

Thanks again, all is well!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Printer properties.png

This is the way I have my printer set for the Canon Luster paper that came with it.  I even increased the drying time to max.  The prints come out so wet that the colors run and becomes a big mess.  I am printing on the glossy side of the paper.

I don't think having Borderless Printing checked is causing your problem, but I have never checked that and have never had a printing problem.

What application are you printing from? Do you have it set up to have Printer Manage Printing?

What happens if you go into the Maintenance tab and print a nozzle check image?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks everybody.  I tried a different paper and that solved the issue so either I was printing the wrong side of the first paper (since it doesn't have a watermark on the back) or the paper is the issue.  I would bet I was printing on the wrong side.

Thanks again, all is well!

I am having the same problem as you I used both sides of the Canon luster paper still comes out the same wet and the ink starts running into each other making a mess. I used Matte paper and the colors do not run. I want to use a paper with luster but I keep wasting ink and paper.

Joe

Joe

If it works OK with matte then it's most likely not the printer. Doublecheck that you're selecting the correct paper profile.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Will check the setting again. Does your still run with the canon luster paper
Joe

I wasn't the original poster with the problem, but if I recall correctly he realized he was printing on wrong side of paper.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, John is correct.  I was printing the wrong side.  Everything works perfectly now.

"... I used both sides of the Canon luster paper ..."

It is the whiter side of the paper.  Never use the back as it will not absorb the ink. This causes a big mess inside the printer. Also you must have a wrong profile selected.

In most programs you must check this each and every time you print.  Some softwares do not remember what you did last time.

Check your profile, it is wrong for that paper.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I did not have the correct setting. I did not check apply to my printer setup in control panel.

Joe

Joe
Announcements