cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment and size issues with art papers - Canon Pro-10s

tallwebbo
Contributor

Apologies - I posted this question in the wrong room here - feel free to delete/close it.

Hello Canon community,

Posting from the UK here as I'm trying to get some support for an issue with my new Canon Pixma Pro10s and i can't find any similar issues anywhere.

My printer works, is connected to my mac and prints A-OK on standard A4 papers ( Glossy, Oyster and Matt )

I can print throught lightroom, light room plugin and Print Shop Pro - everything works and prints look great, no issues there.

However, when I try and print to fine art papers the image will not centre - specifically on A4 (210x297mm)

I am aware of the margin 30 setting for thicker papers - but no matter how I set the job up - the print will come out off centre and at the wrong size (scanned example below)

For instance; lightroom preview gives me a printed area size of 150x237mm on a sheet of A4 which make sense - 30mm margins all around.

But when printed, prints come out smaller at a printed ara size of 210x140mm and with inconsistent margins.

The same happens in Canon's Print Shop Pro, but the alignment is inconsistent with Lightroom. Lightroom's PSP plugin also.

I have attached some screen grabs and scan so you can see the comparison of software against result.

Binder3.pdf

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 12.17.44.png

1-19066770417_Page_1.jpg

I am using the most recent drivers in OSX 10.10.5

I am baffled. Any ideas or assistance greatly appriciated. 

Thanks in advance

Rich

20 REPLIES 20

I guess i do - screen grab attached.

I'm, trying to print to A4 ( margin 30 fine art)

I can't test to A3+ yet as I don't have the stock was hoping to test colour reproduction before spending on the more expensive paper.

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 21.49.01.png

The only other thing I can think of - if you select Paper Setup in LR do you get the proper paper size in the driver popup?

Cursor_and_Page_Setup.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hey John,

Appriciate your time on this, very much so.

I do get the correct page set up information

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 22.09.03.png

Oddly enough, I've just reinstalled the drivers and whilst activiating the printer in settings this happened - there appear to be two drivers for the printer - one Bonjour as you mentioned, and one marked Canon IJ Network

But If i select the latter - it turns into Bonjour, only to reappear when i try and add another printer driver. 

Could this be what is causing the issue ?

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 22.08.05.png

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Try printing with Series 2 and see what happens. Sometimes the driver can get messed up.

Bonjour usually appears first and if folks don’t continue waiting they wind up installing the simple driver.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Well, I've disconnected the printer from the wireless network and reconnected via USB.

Reinstalled the driver.

Reset the print job, making sure that all the settings are consistent with what I've already demonstrated and it continues to output mis-aligned prints.

If print on a Canon Pro Platinum Glossy  with the appropriate canon profile, in the regular feed - it's fine.

If I try any form of art paper (margin 30) from the manual feed - the prints are misaligned and too small.

I'm stumped 😞

what about trying Platinum Pro manual feed to minimize variables?

If you go into the driver Miantenance section Custom Settings try selecting Avoid paper abrasion. Maybe the paper is too thick.Do you have any canon Fine Art paper, like Photo paper Pro premium Matte?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

tallwebbo
Contributor
I'm using Hahnemuhle sample pack with profiles and settings that are available on the Canon website or from Hahnemule themselves.

I don't have any other thick papers to try, but it feeds absolutely fine and the print and colour quality is solid.

It just doesn't match the onscreen preview in regards to position and size and margin space, however I set up or in any program I process then images through.

Could there be an issue with the manual feed tray? Or paper size detection? The printer is only two weeks old.

Firmware is up to date and the driver you are installing is the latest from the Canon website?

If all those check out do you have a Canon help line in your country that you could call?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Already on the case John. I have a case open with Canon UK

I've been back to the retailer too and their tech department are baffled - say they have not experienced a problem like it before so are happy to exchange for a replacement unit - they figure it may be faulty.

It really is bizzare, and I'm sure it's something really obvious and simple...just can't figure out what.

Having the same issue out of InDesign 2017 CC and 2018 CC now.

Firmware and software are up to date. Looking forward to an answer if you get one. This cropped up in October for me as well.

Announcements