cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment and size issues with art papers - Canon Pro-10s

tallwebbo
Contributor

Apologies - I posted this question in the wrong room here - feel free to delete/close it.

Hello Canon community,

Posting from the UK here as I'm trying to get some support for an issue with my new Canon Pixma Pro10s and i can't find any similar issues anywhere.

My printer works, is connected to my mac and prints A-OK on standard A4 papers ( Glossy, Oyster and Matt )

I can print throught lightroom, light room plugin and Print Shop Pro - everything works and prints look great, no issues there.

However, when I try and print to fine art papers the image will not centre - specifically on A4 (210x297mm)

I am aware of the margin 30 setting for thicker papers - but no matter how I set the job up - the print will come out off centre and at the wrong size (scanned example below)

For instance; lightroom preview gives me a printed area size of 150x237mm on a sheet of A4 which make sense - 30mm margins all around.

But when printed, prints come out smaller at a printed ara size of 210x140mm and with inconsistent margins.

The same happens in Canon's Print Shop Pro, but the alignment is inconsistent with Lightroom. Lightroom's PSP plugin also.

I have attached some screen grabs and scan so you can see the comparison of software against result.

Binder3.pdf

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 12.17.44.png

1-19066770417_Page_1.jpg

I am using the most recent drivers in OSX 10.10.5

I am baffled. Any ideas or assistance greatly appriciated. 

Thanks in advance

Rich

20 REPLIES 20

KDef
Enthusiast
A little late, but.. have you measured your paper itself to make sure you're picking The right size? The printers make a few assumptions, this is one that gets overlooked.
Announcements