cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Ventura Driver Support - imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C5840i

SmallbizIT
Apprentice

Hello, I own a small business and do the IT there. I was directed by my vendor to come here and voice my concern.

We have a IR C5840i, and my users print on a day to day basis. They are all independent contractors and use their own computers.

Some of them use Apple Computers and have upgraded to Ventura(macos 13). The macos 12 driver installs on macos 13, but features are broken.

Most importantly secure print, which is used by half of my agents. This is an IMPORTANT feature that is used to safe guard our agents from mixing up their print jobs with each other.

I have call customer support directly and tried to get them to get me in contact with canon software dev and engineering. It seems to me a corporation like this should have a driver on day one, seeing how Ventura has been in beta for over a year, and the DevKit is just $100.

Is there an ETA on driver support for this OS, that I can relay to them?

Is the driver open source, perhaps I can go through the code and adjust the flags/boolaens?

ALSO PLEASE can we have a radio button under Print for Secure Print, that just loops the secure print menu? If the driver is in development can you please add this feature on the new Version mac/windows?

It is such a pain to have to teach a whole lot of people how to dig around the system driver so they can send their print jobs to the printer.

One last feature request is to add 1-sided printing option to the Mac(apple) driver for default printing. As of now windows has an option to check 2-sided on or off for windows default profile. In mac I have to set up multiple print templates in the system print menu. I understand how this will reduce waste but in the end the user prefers 1-sided.

13 REPLIES 13

incodp
Apprentice

Any solutions on this yet? We are having the same issue. Primarily on the new M1 / M2 macs. But Ventura overall has been problematic even on the intel macs. 

I didn't find a solution. Every time I have to get a separate PC for printing. Would love to hear from someone from Canon support

Hi, qwertyron. 

Your iSENSYS 3000 series product isn't supported by the team here at Canon USA. We recommend reaching out to Canon in your country for support options. Head to canon.us/globalsupport to get started. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

To all, you are not going to hear from Canon support here. This is a user community.  

Feature requests, website comments, product enhancement request, etc can be made using the [+]Feedback button at the very bottom of the Canon USA website.  This is where you can make requests, voice concerns, or make recommendations.  

I can certainly understand the challenges you are facing, but there is nothing anyone here can do for you, except listen.

In this case I might do two things.  One, leave [+]Feedback, and two open a support case using the support portal for my registered device.  

These methods should yield the fastest results.  The community is designed for user to user assistance. It is not an official support channel.

Canon Homepage | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

shadowsports_0-1684763540579.png

shadowsports_1-1684763569351.png

Support > MyCanon

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements