cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Ventura Driver Support - imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C5840i

SmallbizIT
Apprentice

Hello, I own a small business and do the IT there. I was directed by my vendor to come here and voice my concern.

We have a IR C5840i, and my users print on a day to day basis. They are all independent contractors and use their own computers.

Some of them use Apple Computers and have upgraded to Ventura(macos 13). The macos 12 driver installs on macos 13, but features are broken.

Most importantly secure print, which is used by half of my agents. This is an IMPORTANT feature that is used to safe guard our agents from mixing up their print jobs with each other.

I have call customer support directly and tried to get them to get me in contact with canon software dev and engineering. It seems to me a corporation like this should have a driver on day one, seeing how Ventura has been in beta for over a year, and the DevKit is just $100.

Is there an ETA on driver support for this OS, that I can relay to them?

Is the driver open source, perhaps I can go through the code and adjust the flags/boolaens?

ALSO PLEASE can we have a radio button under Print for Secure Print, that just loops the secure print menu? If the driver is in development can you please add this feature on the new Version mac/windows?

It is such a pain to have to teach a whole lot of people how to dig around the system driver so they can send their print jobs to the printer.

One last feature request is to add 1-sided printing option to the Mac(apple) driver for default printing. As of now windows has an option to check 2-sided on or off for windows default profile. In mac I have to set up multiple print templates in the system print menu. I understand how this will reduce waste but in the end the user prefers 1-sided.

13 REPLIES 13

SamanthaW

Hi there,

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area! Or, check out our dealer finder on our website HERE (Just click Support > View All Support > Find A Dealer)

SmallbizIT
Apprentice

My vendor/dealer can not solve this issue that is why I am here. This is a Canon USA DRIVER issue, that's made possible by the lazy Software developer Canon has hired. I'm well aware how to use the driver and the printer, and the driver is BROKEN and not COMPATIBLE with the LATEST OPERATING SYSTEM FROM APPLE. I AM LOOKING FOR AN ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL FOR THE NEW DRIVER. This has hindered clientele to operate their business.

dexmagic
Apprentice

I am having the same issue. After updating my Mac to 13.0.1, my Canon scanner (imagreFormula R40) is no longer usable. When I try to run CaptureOnTouch the operating system shows a dialog with the text "CaptureOnTouch is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the trash."

I can't use the product. 

When do you plan on releasing a version of your software that will work on Mac OS 13.0.1

We're having the same issue.  We use the Department ID feature and that is broken for folks who upgraded to OSX 13.  This is causing major issues for us since we use the Dept ID codes for billing.

eddiebello
Apprentice

I own an architectural firm, and for whatever reason when using Mac OS 13 the only page size that will print is letter size. (Normally there are many options.) There are also no options for scaling, double-sided, color, etc.--basically it only prints whatever image I have to letter size. It works fine on my other Macs that are not on OS 13, so clearly the driver is the problem and should be updated. Please resolve as soon as possible so that I can actually print the documents I need. thanks

jsridout
Contributor

I'm sure they are working day and night on a fix 😂

qwertytron
Apprentice

I have simular problem with my printer canon lbp-3000. After updating the system, my printer disappeared from the list of devices and is no longer detected. Driver update didn't help

pederbm
Apprentice

I have the same problem with updated driver for Canon Imageclass LBP6030W.

qwertytron
Apprentice

New driver "mac-capt-v1006-uken.dmg" did not fix problems with lbp-3000 printer on 13.0.1 (22A400) mac os Ventura

I still can't type on mac and get the following messages (it works on windows and previous versions of macos)

Help please! =(

Untitled.pngScreenshot 2023-04-24 at 21.36.05.pngScreenshot 2023-04-24 at 21.39.31.pngScreenshot 2023-04-24 at 21.39.55.png

Announcements