cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot attach PDF scanned document thru scanner feature using Outlook 365 Windows 10

Rickypt
Contributor

i have a pimxa mx 922 multi function printer  when i i try to send PDF Letter or document  using the attach to feature i get this message failed to send email please check your email client setting and try again later. this started when i upgraded the computer from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro  i had tech support check all the settings on the printer updated drivers and checked the setting in the IJ utilities  it does not work i am baffled                  Richard P Turner 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Rickypt,

Because Outlook 365 is a web based email, scanning and attaching the resulting scan into an outgoing message is not supported.  To attach a scanned PDF, please scan and save that PDF to your computer and then manually attach it to your outgoing message.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Rickypt,

Because Outlook 365 is a web based email, scanning and attaching the resulting scan into an outgoing message is not supported.  To attach a scanned PDF, please scan and save that PDF to your computer and then manually attach it to your outgoing message.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Rickypt
Contributor

Patrick  thanks for your response about my issue with outlook 365  which is a Microsoft office 365 program  all our  personal computers are windows 7 professional upgraded to windows 10 Professional  My brothers computer does not the issue that i have with my computer  all my machines run imap  for my server for mail through Verizon which uses AOL Mail and outlook is the client mail handler  his POP 3 same set up AOL is the mail handler and is client mail handler   i can live with your instructions 

Thanks Again   

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements