cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8220 won’t connect to new router

Noravent
Apprentice

I’ve already searched the forum and found the error message explanation I’m receiving however the solution is not working. I get the error that looks like this:

IMG_7116.png

 It doesn’t even let me put in a password it just goes right to that screen. I was on the phone with my internet provider and they determined the router is operating correctly. Does anyone have any advice. I hate to have to go buy a new printer over an error message 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Ah, the white cube from xFinity.  Which is really a Technicolor CGM4981.  I have Comcast also, but use my own hardware.  Separate modem and router.  

They don't have a userguide on their site, I looked for it.  Just a quick connect guide.  

Overview of Xfinity Gateways - Xfinity Support

I'm quite confident WPA2 AES is available.    

If you want to find the Gateway IP for the XB8, just type >ipconfig /all from a command prompt.  Mine is 192.x...  yours might be 10.x  subnet.

shadowsports_0-1707491428889.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings, 

I have since confirmed the XB8 does allow WPA2 AES encryption for any of its supported Wi-Fi bands.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements