cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro with Ventura and PS 2023 not installing

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

I've installed Print Studio Pro, and I can see it in the directory for PS, but in PS it doesn't show up. Any tips for installing Print Studio Pro on a Mac Studio Ultra with PS 2023?

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 9.37.14 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-05 at 9.43.43 AM.png

10 REPLIES 10

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

1. Open the image you want to print in PhotoshopPhotoshop Elements or Lightroom.

From the File menu, navigate as follows:

Photoshop/Photoshop Elements

Click Automate > Canon Print Studio Pro....

Lightroom

Click Plug-in Extras > Canon Print Studio Pro....

Print Studio Pro starts.

If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for real time support with this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

No, it's not there. I've tried adding the plugin a couple of times, but it's not there. I've done this a number of times but in Ventura it's not working and does not appear under automate. 

Sorry for the late reply. Was traveling for business. 

Per ArthurJ's response, it's recommended you reach out for one-on-one support for additional support. Get started at canon.us/account

I will call tech support when I can. I worked on this again last night on two machines and cannot get it to work. 

I have found the solution, and the root cause. 

The latest version of Print Studio Pro available on the website is Ver.2.2.6 (Mac). It is in fact not compatible with the Mac M1 chip architecture. 

Print Studio Pro Ver.2.2.6 (Mac)

Document ID DR17042  Version 1.0
 Status Published
 Published Date 03/10/2023

When you installed Print Studio pro using the install package, it puts the install files necessary into the applications folder (applications/canon utilities). This does NOT install the plugin. To install the Plugin for Lightroom and Photoshop, you need to navigate to applications/canon utilities/Print StudioPro folder and run the Plugin Install application. 

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 10.08.38 PM.png

In principal, when you do this, you can then open Photoshop, and under the file menu/automation, you will find the Print StudioPro plugin.

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 10.11.40 PM.png

However, if you are on a Mac with the M1 architecture, you will NOT find the Canon Print Studio Pro plugin in the menu, because it can't run in native M1 mode. In order for it to even appear in the menu, you need to do the following: 

Navigate to your photoshop folder in applications/Photoshop 2023/Photoshop 2023.app, select it, and then press command + i (apple + i) to get information, and there you need to check "run in Rosetta mode".

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 10.21.17 PM.png

Then when you launch Photoshop, it will launch in Rosetta mode, and the plugin will work. However, you're now running in emulation mode, so Photoshop will run slower. Even launching it I noticed it was magnitudes slower in launching. In native mode PS launches for me in 3 seconds. In Rosetta mode, 30 seconds plus. 

So, unless Canon updates the plugin for the Apple M1 chip, I think you might not want to use this plugin unless you don't mind running PS slow. 

Thank you for posting this. Good info for Photoshop users, but I am not sure if is a PSP 2.2.6 issue since it works fine for me with Lightroom Classic on an M2 MacBook Air.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Very interesting.  Thanks for sharing that.

For me on LRCC it crashes when I try and run it on my M1 Mabook Pro. On the Mac Studio Ultra I can open PSP, but I can't select any system profiles, only the canned Canon ones. On both machines it won't show up in PS at all unless I'm in Rosetta mode. 

Does it give an error message when it crashes?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, it does. Sorry about that. It says printer not found, but I can print to it directly from PS or from my RIP (Imageprint). Here's the screen capture. 

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 10.38.49 PM.png

I can talk to it, and print to it otherwise. I can also ping it... 

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 4.26.32 PM.png

Announcements