cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620a reporting as offline when I try to print

ArtistMartin1
Apprentice

I've set up my TR8620a on my MacBook Pro running osMAC Sonoma, however, I've been unable to print with it over AirPrint which is the only way this model prints over the network as far as I know. When I look at System Settings -> Printers & Scanners, I see the printer and the little green circle next to it and the word Idle.

However, when I print, I'm told the printer is offline. I removed the printer from that machine and tried to set it up on two different MacBook Pros that we have in the household and the results are always the same.

In trying to research the problem, I read somewhere that if using AirPrint I shouldn't use the install software but just set the printer up on the network. I'd like to give that a try, but first I would need to uninstall the software the install disk put on my computer.

Can anyone tell me where to find all those files so I can move them to the trash and try to print that way?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Go into the library folder of your MacOS and select printers. From there you will be able to remove any Canon drivers or software you installed. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Go into the library folder of your MacOS and select printers. From there you will be able to remove any Canon drivers or software you installed. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks so much. That was a great help.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements