Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 'Not Responding' - One PC Only

rjbinney
Apprentice

I hate hate hate my wireless printer.

Here's today's issue.

I try to print from my PC and I get the "Printer not responding" pop up.

This is from my personal Windows PC.

I can print just fine from my wife's PC, her work PC, her iPhone, and my Android phone.

When I go to "Printers & scanners" in Windows on my personal PC, it shows "Toner low" - which means it's communicating. I can go to the printer's IP on my browser and see the same thing.

Yes, I've rebooted.

Help?

BTW - Win 10, Canon TR8520

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rjbinney,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon TR8500 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all TR8500's are removed.

5.  In the address bar at the top, click on Control Panel (or the Back button in the upper left corner).

6.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

7.  Click once on "Canon TR8500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

9.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Oh, FFS. I uninstall and reinstall this printer AT LEAST once per week.

I hate this printer so much.

Now I uninstall and reinstall and it just goes straight to "Not Responding".

The ink yields suck.

I am throwing it out my 25th story window soon.

Hi,

Since you are able to print from another computer and from mobile devices, the issue may be caused by something on this one computer that is not allowing the computer and printer to communicate correctly.

Since reinstalling the drivers did not resolve the issue, I would recommend reaching out to Windows support and let them know you can print from other devices except this one. At that point, they should be able to narrow down the issue on the computer and resolve it so the computer and printer can communicate correctly.

Announcements