cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4720 Scanner doesn't work

ShelK
Apprentice

This is my second pixma printer and will be my last. My first one I couldn't use the scanner wireless and now the one I just bought I can't use the scanner period. I guess you get what you pay for! I'm so fed up with this product. I've reset my router, I've bought a new router, I have installed and uninstalled drivers. The second time I re-installed the drivers the scanner finally worked. I came home from work the next day and the same **bleep** issue. I will definately be ditching canon all together. 

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, ShelK!

We're listening and we're ready to help!  Please let everyone know exactly which Canon printer models you're using, what operating system is on your computer, and what error messages you're receiving. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

ShelK
Apprentice

Right now I have the Pixma TR4720. I try to wirelessly set up my scanner, when I put the router password in, the scanner tells me it failed and doesn't say why. When I hook up my printer with a cord to do a hard plug in to use the scanner, I get the message that the computer is not detected. How can it not be when the **bleep** thing is plugged right into the computer. I have windows 11. I have installed 10 and 11 drivers. I have deleted them and reinstalled them numerous times. It just depends on the day as to if it wants to work or not. It is extremely frusterating. 

I don't have W11. Here are a number of possible fixes from a search:

scanner not recognized by Windows 11 - Search (bing.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements