cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 Drivers won't fully install, printer not detected

ScooterN
Apprentice

I have tried executing the Ver. 1.02 drivers over a dozen times on my new HP laptop running Windows 11. It will not complete the final process as it does not detect the printer. The USB port and cable have been tested and work just fine. The printer is also working just fine with my previous laptop running Windows 10. Have paid for extra support from HP and they only know to do through the same standard driver load process. Getting very frustrated on this. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, ScooterN!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

ScooterN
Apprentice

For those of you who may come across the same issue that I described above, here is the correct answer to the challenge and the location of the Canon software area that provides the driver load for the MX492 printer.

Canon : Official Manuals : Welcome! 

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTL/ptl.top.html?lng=en

Just click on the Red Set Up button. I never received any answer that helped on this from Canon or this support group.

Announcements