cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden crashes

alexeisadovniko
Contributor

I use PRO-100 to print pictures on DVD disk

Recently I upgraded iOS to Catalina 10.15.7 and installed the latest version of My Image Garden 3.6.3.

Now, if I select "CD label", "paper size" and clik "OK", application crashes. Any advice?

10 REPLIES 10

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I see you updated the software but if you have not done so, I recommend updating the driver to Ver.16.50.0.0. Please click the link below to download the printer driver. After the driver is downloaded, run the install and then restart your computer. After the restart, go into Printers and Scanner and add the printer back and then open My Image Garden and try to print again. 

mcpd-mac-pro_100-16_50_0_0-ea21_3.dmg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

alexeisadovniko
Contributor

Arthur:

I installed new driver, restarted computer, started MyGarden (do not quite understand what does "...add the printer back..." mean), selected "CD label", "paper size" and cliked "OK", application crashed. Any further advice? 

Hi,

The latest version of My Image Garden is Ver.3.6.6. If you installed  3.6.3 please remove that version and install version 3.6.6 by clicking the link below: 

mmig-mac-3_6_6-ea11.dmg

We look forward to hearing back to see if this resolves the issue or if My Image Garden continues to crash. 

alexeisadovniko
Contributor

Arthur:

New driver helped me to come a little bit further: printing job has been sent to printer! I inserted disk tray and the error appeared: 

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 3.42.15 PM.jpg

I noticed that by default the paper size is set to "US letter",  chnaged it to  "Disk Tray K" - same effect. It looks like the printer wants to print on paper, not on disk. Any advice?

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 3.40.28 PM.jpg

Hi alexeisadovniko,

Please make sure that you are using the printer driver and not the Airprint driver.

Please click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.

In System Preferences, click on Printers & Scanners.

Click one time on the PRO-100 on the left side.  On the right, next to Kind, does "Airprint" appear?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrik:

Unfortunately, I do not see "Kind" in "Printers and Scanners" window:

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.46.40 PM.jpg

 If I click "Sharing preferences", I see this:

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.47.04 PM.jpg

 Where else I should look?

Hello,

The second image you provided shows that the kind is set to the pro-100 series and not airprint. The 1851 error will mean the inner cove was open when it needed to be closed. Cancel any jobs waiting to be printed and remove the disc tray. Close the inner cover where the disc tray loads. 

You can try printing another disc again to see if it works. Leave the disc tray out and the inner cover closed. Start the print and the pro-100 will prepare itself for printing on a disc. Wait for the message on the computer telling you to load the disc and then you can open the inner cover and load the disc tray.

alexeisadovniko
Contributor

Hector:

I inner cover closed (i. e. no disk tray inserted), I see tis message:

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 1.25.55 PM.jpg

 i.e. printer thinks that I want to print on paper from rear tray despite tye fack that I specified "Disk tray K", see second picture in this discussion.

I remember that when I successfully printed on CD >2 years ago, I started with open inner cover w/o CD tray and at some point printer asked me to insert CD tray. It does not do it now. 

jamesvdm
Apprentice

Did you ever find a solution?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements