cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 won't print via Deco X20

jar208
Apprentice

Folks,

Recently got a TP Link Deco X20 mesh network. All of my devices joined without an issue with the exception of this printer. I tried connecting via WPS and the standard method. It says it's connected but it won't print from any of my devices. I disabled the 5ghz channel to no avail. It sets up fine on the Frontier router and I can print via that, but I have to switch  networks. From what I read IF I still had the CD I might be able to start over.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The CD will not do anything for you.  Latest drivers from your MX922 are avaiable here:

Support | MX Series - Inkjet | PIXMA MX922 (MX920 Series) | Canon USA

"It says its connected".

Have you verified that?  Log into the Deco Admin portal and look at attached devices.  What IP has it assigned the printer?

Can you PING it?  From command Prompt (PC) or terminal in MAC OS?

Can you open its webserver in a browser?

Once confirmed, remove the printer from your PC / MAC (not sure which you are using) and re-add the printer as a IP Printer, specifiying the IP you confirmed on the Deco.

You won't be able to print until the computer can "see" or ping the printer, and is using its correxct IP to communicate. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It's not listed in Deco. Canon's install says it connected. I guess I should start at Deco.

Thanks

Jim

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jar208,

You can try reconnecting one more time using the STANDARD wifi setup. Once the setup is complete, you can print the LAN DETAILS to see if the printer gets an ip address on your new mesh network.

If the connection fails, or if you do not get an IP address, I would suggest contacting TP link to check the router settings. Since the printer is on a new network, you will need to run the driver install again so the computer can detect the printer's new network connection. You can download the MX920 series MP drivers using the link provided HERE.

Thank you.

Jim

click here to view the gallery
Announcements