cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF642c will not wakeup

christianf
Apprentice

I use a MacBook Air and if I do not use the printer for a while it does not wakeup (even when I unplug it) and the only way to print is to reinstall it in my computer setup. Same for my wife on her computer (same model as mine). We use the office wifi which is not the issue since it communicates fine when I reinstall the printer on my computer.

Once reinstalled it prints fine though.

Could this be a wakeup issue?  should I not be able to wake it up from my computer?

VERY frustrating

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

The issue usually points to a problem with network communication or the driver used when adding the printer. In this situation, you can try manually setting the printer's IP address using the steps in the link HERE. If that does not resolve the issue, you can try downloading and installing the recommended driver for the printer using the link HERE. Once the drivers are installed, you can try adding the printer back to your computer to see if the issue has been resolved. If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements