cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF642Cdw gets lost and stops working

marosner
Apprentice

I am having trouble with an 80-lb paperweight that has beeon on my desk for two years. I have an M2 MacAir with Ventura. The paperweight has MF642c printed on it. For two years I have been struggling to use it. I have connected usb everyway I can: directly with an adapter, with usb hubs, with an OWC brick, and no matter what, even if I can print, which happens about a third of the time, it gets lost and stops working. All I can find on the Internet is other people with the same problem, no solutions. No I don't want to put it on ethernet. I just want the promised direct connectivity. Thank you in advandce.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Unfortunately, not all adapters, hubs and docks are created equally.  They cannot be depended on to provide reliable connectivity.  I fear this might be the source of your issue(s).  I understand if you don't want to connect via ethernet.  Have you considered wireless?  No cables and it allows any device which connects to a network to print. 

If you are set on using USB, then purchase the correct cable.  This would work great.

shadowsports_0-1709132695711.png

Or use the wireless option.  The printer has a 2.4Ghz radio.  It will connect to a 2.4Ghz broadcast that uses WPA2 AES encryption. 

Here is a link to the support portal for your device.  Drivers, manual, etc.  Its a great printer, I assure you.   😀

Canon Support for Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Let us know what you decide on and we'll help with the details.  I'd be happy to help you get this set up and working consistently.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements