cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF Scan Utility not working for MF741Cdw on MacOS Ventura (13.1)

MikeC7
Apprentice

I purchased a new image class MF741Cdw printer a few months ago (in August, to replace an older MF632).  Since upgrading to Mac Ventura, I had to install new drivers for the printer and scanner on the MF741. The printer works fine now, but the scanner does not connect.  Using the MF Scan Utility, there is a drop-down dialog box in the upper right corner, which only shows the old Canon MF632/634, and no apparent way to delete that scanner, or to add the new one.  I've downloaded and installed the latest scanner driver for the MF741 (mac-scan-v21511-00.dmg).  It will install, but will never show the new scanner.

3 REPLIES 3

EVMESQ
Apprentice

Canon, please respond. My multi function device is now just a printer after this update. 

Danny

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

BoilermakerPete
Apprentice

Open the "Canon MF Scan Utility" app. Go to the drop down menu labeled "Canon MF Scan Utility"at the top left of the desktop. Scroll down and select "Network Scanner Settings." A window titled "Canon MF Scan Utility - Network Scanner" will open listing your old multifunction unit. Click the "+" button. A second window titled "Canon MF Scan Utility - Add Network Scanner" will open. If your new unit is not listed, click the "Bonjour" button to do a Bonjour search. Your new multi function printer should appear in the list. Highlight the new unit and click the "Add" button. The unit should now appear in the "Canon MF Scan Utility - Network Scanner" window. Check the new unit to make it active and available on your network. At this point, it wouldn't hurt to uncheck the old unit and click the "-" button to delete it from the list. Close the window. Quit the "Canon MF Scan Utility" app. Restart the app to insure that your new unit registers and is identified. You will then need to go through set up to adjust your preferences for each type of scan. That's it!

Announcements