cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there such thing as TWAIN driver for MF269dw

AlexR1
Apprentice

The software I use needs a TWAIN scanner.  MF269dw scans with its' utility but it would be great to be able to scan directly into the software I use.  Is there such a thing as TWAIN driver for MF260 series multifunction machines?  I did not find it on downloads page and there is no mentioning of TWAIN in user's manual.

6 REPLIES 6

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello AlexR1,

The MF269dw can use a twain scanner driver. The scan utility that installs with the setup will normally use the printer's twain scanner driver. To see what options we have for the scanner driver and to assist further with this issue, please reply to this message and let us know what operating system you have on your computer and what program you are trying to scan with.

hello!  I have Windows 10 64 bit and the software is Elite accounting system.  I can set Canon MF269 as scan source but when I try to scan from computer I get scan destination menu on the Canon and a blank page comes up in software.

EDIT:

I tried again with a page on the glass - it looks like the machine did not automatically scan from ADF and scanned blank glass image. Is there anything in scanners settings to make it automatically switch between feeder and glass and detect the size?  The software I use do not give me options.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello AlexR1,

In the window that comes up, you can click the option for the source and you can switch it from the platen glass to the feeder. You can view the settings available in the scanner driver window and their functions using the link found HERE. The source option will be the one marked C.

Hector, ScanGear MF window doesn't come up - there is a progress bar in the software and then it tries to scan from the glass.

I can use it in Canon utility, PaperScan, XnView (they all come up with ScanGear MF screen) or Nuance Advanced Power PDF (it has its' own and it offers WIA and TWAIN scanners in scan setup, but in Elite I see these 2 as Data Source and both of them do not show any options:

Elite Canon screenshot.PNG

Are there some old TWAIN drivers somewhere in archives?

KStop8
Apprentice

Sorry to necro an old posting, but I also am having the same issue.  Able to set ADF as the default using Canon software and it is successful using the ADF.  When using another program using TWAIN, the scanner never uses the ADF, just the platen.  No software pops with configuration, just an progress bar.

Announcements