cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF753Cdw refuses to connect to computer via Wi-Fi

NMAster
Apprentice

Everything I try to scan from the printer onto the computer it prompts 'connect to computer' yet the printer itself is connected to my windows 10 pro computer. I cannot access MF scan utility because it claims that the driver is not installed. I have installed both the printer driver and the scanner driver on multiple attempts yet nothing has changed. I have been fighting with this scanner for over a month since it has arrived. There is nothing on the internet or even the canon website regarding the specific problem I seem to be having. I feel I have tried almost everything and am frustrated with how useless even the Setup guide that came with the printer completely ignored the setting up of the scanner portion of the printer. I just need this problem remedied. 

14 REPLIES 14

Bonzo22
Contributor

I am sorry to hear that. Funny thing with mine is that the scanner worked for 3 months prior to it not working. I only used it once or twice a week but needed it for multiple tasks. This is my first Laser Printer and love the speed and its quietness for home use. If this doesn’t get resolved soon I will have to buy a competitors unit that works. 

I was using an A to A cable with male ends. I just ordered an A to B cable and see if that makes a difference. The wi-fi connection to my PC is useless, even with a strong signal. 

Ok, I couldn't quit.  Gave it one last try via wireless network.  It works.  Next test, tomorrow.

scottwbeckett
Apprentice

@Bonzo22 :: did you solve this issue? I am suffering through it, and nothing has worked. I've gone from being able to scan to getting nothing more on the Scan Utility than a spinning beach ball (Mac user). SO frustrating.

I’ll say yes and no. Seems if I don’t use the scanner for a week I lose scanning ability but everything else works. About 3 weeks ago I did a firmware update and a driver update but didn’t help any. So I decided to go back to the USB connection and did nothing. I went back to the wireless connection and for some reason it took and it’s been working since. I have no clear answer as to why it’s working but it’s been since I made the switch back to wireless. I still only use it on weekends. 

Hope this helps you in some way, best of luck. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I have a MF644 and MF656.  Both are 100% functioning.  Scan to Computer, Scan to email (I'm using my Gmail account) and all functions mentioned above using the Canon Print Business app on my Android or iOS devices.

Since this thread is 5 months old and has received replies from different parties with different operating systems and environments, providing concise instructions with solutions is challenging.  I'm happy to help anyone with their connectivity, scanning issues, configuration, etc. if they start their own thread.  NMAster, you do not need to start a new thread as this one is yours.

New topics should include the model of your Canon product.  The operating system version and build it's being used with as well as the connection method being used.  If you are using wireless please be prepared to provide information about your network hardware.  Brand / model and configuration.  My devices have been absolutely reliable and a pleasure to use.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements