cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF753Cdw refuses to connect to computer via Wi-Fi

NMAster
Apprentice

Everything I try to scan from the printer onto the computer it prompts 'connect to computer' yet the printer itself is connected to my windows 10 pro computer. I cannot access MF scan utility because it claims that the driver is not installed. I have installed both the printer driver and the scanner driver on multiple attempts yet nothing has changed. I have been fighting with this scanner for over a month since it has arrived. There is nothing on the internet or even the canon website regarding the specific problem I seem to be having. I feel I have tried almost everything and am frustrated with how useless even the Setup guide that came with the printer completely ignored the setting up of the scanner portion of the printer. I just need this problem remedied. 

14 REPLIES 14

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, NMAster!

So that the Community can help you better, please let us know whether your printer communicates with your computer via Wi-Fi or via a USB cable. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny, 

My printer connects to the computer via Wi-Fi. Yet the scanner portion of the printer refuses to connect to the computer even thought the printer part of the printer works fine. 

rafcaf1975
Apprentice

I would like to by pass the network and have my computer talk with the printer.

rafcaf1975
Apprentice

I have the Color imageclass 753cdw.

Bonzo22
Contributor

Have you found a fix?  I have the exact same problem for 5 weeks now.  Frustrating in the least as I need this for my office and son's paperwork.  I've tried everything from up to reinstallation, including connect to direct computer and via wi-fi.  Is there a Patch I'm unaware of?

Sorry, no we have not found a fix. Canon help is very unhelpful. There used to be a youtube video about it but i was taken down way before i even encountered the problem for the first time. I have been dealing with this for almost 2 months. 

Update:  I swapped my A to A double male end USB cable for a A to B USB Cable, installed on Win10 pc, left unplugged from the printer and powered off, loaded Driver MF750CMFDriverV7501W64, connected the printer when prompted and powered on.  I waited about a minute and scanned to my pc. 

My scanner is working both Color and B&W. 

I hope this helps others having issues. 

This is the cable I ordered from Amazon. JSAUX Printer Cable, 10FT USB Printer Cable USB 2.0 Type A Male to B Male Scanner Cord USB B Cable High Speed for HP, Canon, Epson, Dell, Brother, Lexmark, Xerox, Samsung etc and Piano, DAC 

SamanthaW_0-1705535866371.png

[Link replaced with screengrab to facilitate discussion]

2nd Update:  Scanner no longer works.  Everything else is fine.  Tried download driver and reinstall.  I quit.  Canon, please find the issue ASAP or I want a refund/replacement.  Frustrated!!!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements