Did you mean: 

I need to install my canon MP495 using my IPad

Jain22c
Apprentice
MP495
5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Jain22c!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of iOS is running on your iPad. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

merrymary247
Rising Star
Have you been using the printer wirelessly with a Windows/Mac computer previously? If not, you would need to do the wireless setup on the computer first to get it onto your network.

This printer is not Airprint compatible, so once it's on the network you will need to download the Easy Photo Print app from the app store. This will allow you to print pictures from the iPad as long as it's connected to the same network as the printer.

Alihamm
Apprentice
I tried using Easy Photo Print app, after getting the printer on the network using WPS. The app told me the printer was not compatible with the app.

Alihamm
Apprentice
Correction: it says “this app does not support the selected printer”.

Hello,

Try downloading the Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app on your ipad. So long as your printer and ipad are on the same network, the app should find it.

If the printer is not detected by the app, it may have been removed from the supported printer list since the MP495 was retired in 2017.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements