cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot display the scan result in My Image Garden issue

sgb
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX 922 running on a Macbook with Catalina.  I continually get this message after a scan:

Cannot display the scan result in My Image Garden because you do not have permission to access the folder in which the scan result is saved. Scan again with My Image Garden.

I have updated all drivers and confirmed that I have read/write access to this folder.  Any suggestions on how to fix?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sgb,

Please create a new folder on your Desktop called "Scans".  In My Image Garden, please click on the My Image Garden menu and then Preferences.

In Preferences, in the General tab, please add that new Scan folder to the Accessible Folders list.

Next, click on the Advanced Settings tab.  Change both locations to that same folder.

Once changed, please attempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

EV
Apprentice

This did not work for me. I have received the same message on my Canon MX922 in the scan program.

NDboots
Contributor

I'm scanning off a Canon printer using Image Garden, Windows 10, and yeah for sure, makes one angry when you can't save a file where you want on your own computer.  BUT....I found out via Trial and error....for my scanned images and scan to PDFs...this works for me to save them to where I can find them.  I open Windows Explorer, make a folder where I want to put my files, open that folder.  Then I grab my scan with the mouse from the Image Garden, and just drag it over to my new folder in Windows Explorer, and there is my file, easy to find!  I hope that works for you too!

Announcements