cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX410 All-In-One Printer

djm524
Apprentice

I have an HP Windows 7 Laptop and I'm trying to scan using a PIXMA MX410 All-In-One-Printer.

I keep getting the following message when I try to scan wireless:

Cannot scan for the following reasons:

-Scanner is turned off

-USB cable is disconnected

Please check and try again.

Scanner driver will be closed.

Code: 5,56,61

I can print wireless and I can scan only when connected to a USB. I am trying to do everything wirelessly without using the USB.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi djm524,

You can try temporarily removing files from a folder called TWAIN 32 that may be causing a conflict with the scanning process to see if this resolves the issue.  To do this, please follow the steps  located here.

Since you are trying to scan wirelessly, you will also want to ensure that the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX program is running on your computer.  To ensure it is running, from the Start menu on your computer, select All Programs, then Canon Utilities, then IJ Network Scanner Selector EX (folder), then IJ Network Scanner Selector EX (program).  When launched, the icon appears in the notification area of the taskbar

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements