cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Support Code 1403

yaholkoj
Apprentice

I've had my MX922 for several years and it has worked fine.  After printing something two days ago, I went to print something and I got a support code 1403:  The type of print head is incorrect.  Install the correct print head.  Now I have had those print heads in for months, so it wasn't a new print head. How can I reset this printer or remove the error code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I ended up calling Customer Support who said the 1403 code meant the printer was toast. They said I was eligible for upgrade discount, so I took it. Could have bought a new MX922 for less than I could have gotten one on Amazon, but chose to go for an MB2021, also less than on Amazon.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

DV7
Apprentice

Getting any error codes indicating print head damage or ink tank out when it' has ink in it, do a DEEP CLEAN.  Might have to do it 2 or 3 times.  Sometimes just on black or one color.   Worked for me.  Keepng the nozzles unclogged by cleaning usually keeps prnter operating trouble free.

m-j-alexander
Contributor

The problem is that the message you recaived is badly translated from the original Japanese.

The translation should read, "The print head is faulty", instead they wrote , The print head is incorrect".

You can fix the peoblem by buying a new print head, because the one you have has developed a fault.

PIXMA-NO-MORE
Apprentice

I've had multiple PIXMAs over the years and consider them disposable with a service life of about 1.5 to 2 yrs. max, with light duty printing.  Marginal print quality, print jobs that quit mid-print, scetchy scanning and now the support code 1403 has brought us to the end of the line.  The DIY fixes here and ridiculous Canon company posts have no effect.  I am done with Canon printers and their silly posts!  Wife's MX922 died two months ago and was replaced with Epson Ecotank and mine died today with the subject 1403 error code.  Will likely replace with a non-Canon product.  Sadly, have quite a bit of ink to send to the landfill, non-Canon ink, of course.

Hi

My Canon mg 5550 ( coming up to 4 years  old> has suddenly developed the error code 1403 even though it was printing the day before. Tried everything suggested on the Web with no joy.

No point contacting Canon as it appears they are useless as well and have no interest in resolving the problem.

There seems to be an awful lot of complaints about this code on various Canon printer models.

This is obviously an manufacturing fault in these machines or a Con by Canon to get us to buy a new Machine.

It seems Canon have washed there hands over this matter because it is a a huge problem.

There should be some way Canon should be held to account. There should be a system similar like when a common fault develops in Cars the Car Manufacturers are made to recall their vehicles and fix the problem.

Come on canon own up.

The price of a new Printhead is ridiculous so I have now bought an HP printer.

I will not be going back to Canon.

Perhaps if we all did this they would get the message.

The problem is actually in Canon's error message.

It says the type of printhead is wrong; replace it with a correct one.

What they mean is that the printhead raises an error - replace it with a working one.

Not a correct one but a corrected (working) one.  It's just a lousy transltion.

Replace the printhead with a new one and you'll be fine.

Mike

I understand which is why I said only a pricy  fix. Printheads are $70-ocer100$. I haven't found any reasonable enough to buy. Cannon should have provided a free or very reduced printhead for all the trouble these things have had. Thanks for your response though

did that..did not fix 1403 on mg7520.

I’m right with you.

Oh my god, Canon USA is maintenance. How long it will fixed. But this site (www.canonprintersdrivers.net) helps me to find canon drivers while Canon USA maintenance. But that site can not do more, It only provides little informations about USA canon. Keep spirit to update canon USA Site. Nice support. 

Hi have 2-mx922s started with upstairs one then switched to basement and minutes later it was doing the same 1403 error. 
Have found printheads on google for about $40. The catch they come from China and you could probably have it in 4-6 weeks. 

Announcements