11-28-2020 03:26 PM
My Pixma MG 5650 connects fine to my computer for pritinting but when I try to scan, my computer can't be found by it.
I have installed the Canon IJScanner14f on my Mac OS10.15.7 Catalina then when it didn't work I completely deleted it with the Go>Library method, restarted the computer, reinstalled the driver from scratch, but the app has no interface (it doesn't seem to open at all) and the scanner can't find it.
Do you have any advice please?
12-18-2020 01:57 PM
Please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.
2. Click on Printers & Scanners.
3. Click on the Canon MG5600 on the left side and then [-] at the bottom.
4. Repeat until all are removed.
5. Click the [+] at the bottom and then click on Add printer or scanner.
6. In the add window, click one time on the MG5600 listing that is "IJ Network".
7. At the bottom, next to "Use", please select the Canon MG5600 series and not Airprint or Secure Airprint.
8. Click the Add button.
Back in the printers window, click one time on the Canon printer on the left and then click Scan on the right.
Are you able to scan? If not, what error code appears?
02-17-2021 04:46 AM
I tried these instructions. When I selected the IJ Network listing no scanning button appeared anywhere. With the 'bonjour multiface' alternative, there was a scanning button. And if I hit that scan button, the same error message pops up.
The application “Canon IJScanner14f” can’t be opened.
What should I do next?
02-23-2021 01:19 PM
Please install the IJ Network listing as described above.
Once that is installed, please visit the Support Page of the PIXMA MG5600 series to download and install the IJ Scan Utility2:
When that application is installed, please use it to scan. For informaiton on using the IJ Scan Utility, please use the following link: