cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX420 MFP prints fine, but scanner not working. Computer HP Pavilion x360 sa

MargauxW
Apprentice

Scanner not working, although Computer HP Pavilion x360 says scanner driver is working fine.

I don't know enough to know what I am missing or where to look next. 

No issues with printing wirelessly. Just scanning.

I purchased HP laptop in January and believe I have used scanner since then.

I did download the MP Navigator EX program for the older MX420 (4.1).

Many thanks in advance for your help -- I deal best with recipe type help 🙂

(i.e., Click this, select that, click this, etc)

9 REPLIES 9

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MargauxW,

If you can print but you can scan, it sounds like the scanner driver needs to be reinstalled. To get the scanner driver that is needed, you can download the MX420 series MP driver from the link provided HERE. To download the driver from our site.

1. Click on the gray button for drivers and downloads.
  2. Click on select next to the MX420 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02.
  3. Click on the red button for download.

Once the download is complete, you can run or double click the file to start the installation.

Once the installation is complete, you can open MP navigator to try scanning again. If you are still unable to scan, I would need some additional information to assist further. If you can reply to this message with the information below.

1. Are you getting an error when you try to scan? If so, what error do you get?
  2. Are you connecting with a USB cable or over a wireless network?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having this same problem! I downloaded the driver and the printer works OK but the scanner does not. I am using a wireless connection and the message I get when I try to scan is "to get started, connect a scanner" - it won't scan from the navigator nor from the scan option on the machine itself.

Hi mzwelker52,

When you attempt to scan using the MP Navigator EX, what is the error that you get?

At the bottom of the error message, what code appears?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Where is the MP Navigator EX?

Hi,

MP Navigator can be downloaded and installed by clicking HERE.

Can't get to the link you provided, this is the msg I got when I clicked on it:

Hmmm… can't reach this page

Check if there is a typo in mpnx_4_1-win-4_1_4-ea23_2.exe.

• If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Hi!  We've corrected the link in the reply above.  Just click HERE to go to the downloads page for the PIXMA MX420 and look for MP Navigator in the list of available software.

Hope this helps!

I think I found the problem.  I changed the default printer to a different option/selction and now it prints and scans correctly.  I hope this was the fix!!

NEW PROBLEM!!!  When I select scan on the printer/sacnner/fax, it opens the scanned item in the MP Navigtro bu tI can't figure out how to save it from there to my desktop.  PLEASE HELP!!

Announcements