cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forgot to format sd card

grey
Contributor

I pulled a card out of a S3 and put it in SX120. Not thinking, I went on and shot pictures at family party. Now, when I connect camera to computer, nothing happens. Zoombrowser does not ask to import pictures. I can open Zoombrowser manually, but it only shows PICS from the S3.  Zoombrowser does not show the PICS taken with the SX120. The new PICS are viewable in the SX120 camera. 

What can I do to download the PICS to computer? I have not tried putting the card back in the S3. 

Please help. I actually want to save these pictures.

11 REPLIES 11

I've used Irfenview for some things but not editing. I've been using Picasa for roughly 8 years & do most of my event edits using it. Once you master a work flow in any program it's hard to switch to another but Picasa has worked out very well for me. Unfortunately Google gave up on the Web Album side of Picasa forcing me to move my past & future event coverage to Flickr which is OK but I'm still having issues with it as I learn how it all works. Sharing links is different in some of the forums I participate in so something that works at one is dead at another.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

@grey wrote:

I pulled a card out of a S3 and put it in SX120. Not thinking, I went on and shot pictures at family party. Now, when I connect camera to computer, nothing happens. Zoombrowser does not ask to import pictures. I can open Zoombrowser manually, but it only shows PICS from the S3.  Zoombrowser does not show the PICS taken with the SX120. The new PICS are viewable in the SX120 camera. 

What can I do to download the PICS to computer? I have not tried putting the card back in the S3. 

Please help. I actually want to save these pictures.

Different cameras store their image files in different folders on the card, two (I think) levels down from the top of the tree. Zoombrowder probably doesn't know to look at the second folder, since it already sees the first folder. As someone has already suggested, use a card reader (attached to a computer) to search the card for the correct folder.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
click here to view the gallery
Announcements