cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forgot to format sd card

grey
Contributor

I pulled a card out of a S3 and put it in SX120. Not thinking, I went on and shot pictures at family party. Now, when I connect camera to computer, nothing happens. Zoombrowser does not ask to import pictures. I can open Zoombrowser manually, but it only shows PICS from the S3.  Zoombrowser does not show the PICS taken with the SX120. The new PICS are viewable in the SX120 camera. 

What can I do to download the PICS to computer? I have not tried putting the card back in the S3. 

Please help. I actually want to save these pictures.

11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Try a card reader.

wow that was fast!

I dont know what a card reader is, but will research

Is there a way to get them into Zoombrowser (and editing program) because I wanted to make a few of these black and white

By chance have you forgot to install the software that came with the SX120? If you can see the photos on the LCD of the camera the files exist & now you need to get the computer to see them. If you have already installed the software (& used to before) then you might try (with the camera tethered to the computer) searching for them using "My Computer" or "File Explorer" etc & copy once found. Otherwise a card reader is recommended & everyone (as digital photographers) should own one. They are cheap & easy to use without many hassles.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Great answer.  Plugged card into (different) computer and saved  I had to find a computer made in this century !

My habit has been to use the canon utilities, or zoombrowser, or whatever it is called...  to save, edit, ect... on an old desktop with Vista. I am not computer savvy. I enjoyed those programs. I want to intali some like programs

on a newer computer. That computer has only 'windows 7 PIctures'.  I have lost my Canon disk. What is a program to install for the editing photo function. Simple stuff, like what I found on the old Vista computer. I know about download from Canon. Canon has alot I dont need. It is not as simple (small) as I need.

Good photo program?    Thanks !!!

That computer has only 'windows 7 PIctures'.

and 'Paint'.

Does paint have an editing function such as color, sizing, ect....? I did not see such on it.  

Use a Google search & find a program called Picasa. It's likely all you'll need & it's a free download. Works very well but unfortunately Google has dropped it so there won't be further updates down the road but in general that shouldn't affect you for a year or 2 & maybe longer. Free & easy to use.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Hi,

If you are not computer savvy, that is actually another great reason not to let zoombrowser or Windows, etc., to handle the uploading and saving process.  

With a $10 or $20 card reader you take the card out of the camera, plug it into the card reader, plug the card reader into a USB slot on the computer and then you just do a drag and drop to take the photos from the card and put them into whatever folder you want to use for storage.  

This is so simple that it can't get all screwed up when you buy a new camera, update Windows, get new software, buy a new computer, or buy a portable terabyte drive for photo storage, etc....  No need for tech support to have to try to figure out what weird little setting in what software ihas stopped talking with what firmware, etc.....  Just drag and drop.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

@cicopo wrote:

Use a Google search & find a program called Picasa. It's likely all you'll need & it's a free download. Works very well but unfortunately Google has dropped it so there won't be further updates down the road but in general that shouldn't affect you for a year or 2 & maybe longer. Free & easy to use.

Irfanview was still being updated as of earlier this year. And while I haven't used either one of them much, my impression is that Irfanview is more straightforward and easier to learn than Picasa.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
click here to view the gallery
Announcements