Point & Shoot Digital Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! IS settings

I have a PowerShot A3400 IS.  What settings would be best to stabilize shake while shooting video from a vehicle dashmount? I've experiemented using both auto and live settings, and with the IS off and the IS on, but have not yet hit on the correct c...

jabeita by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon SX50 HS fisheye distortion

Greetings, I recently bought the Canon SX50 HS as an addition to my Canon Rebel but upon shooting with it, I found at the widest angle, there is a fisheye distortion to the shots with the corners rounded like an old photo. I tried with my Corel PSP 7...

Resolved! Powershot A4000 IS AE Lock and AF Lock

I am contemplating purchase of this model and have a specific need that I need to make sure of. I have read the manual, but need to confiorm the following: On this model, when you manually set and lock exposure and focus, are the settings retained fo...

boltcapt by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Shutter issue with S100

I am having the same issue that a lot of people are having with the shutter button on the Canon S100. The focus works but the button wont take a picture. Occasionally if I hold it down for 5 seconds it will trigger but otherwise nothing. I sent it in...

albev4 by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Computer Control of PowerShot?

The software that came with my old PowerShot G3 could control the camera from the PC (showed the view from the camera on the PC's monitor, released the shutter).  Is this option available with any of the newer PowerShots like the SX50 HS or SC120 iS?

mbutts by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

a1400 P mode

The manual says to press the up button until P mode appears. I only see two options when I do this: Auto and FaceSelf Timer. If I select Auto by pressing the center button, I get Self Focus, L and movie size. I tried L and got only the menu of shooti...

A1400 How to turn off Auto Mode

I have the camera in automode and would like to switch to P or Live mode.   Manual does not say how to get out of Auto Mode.   I cannot switch to any other modes until i deactivate Auto Mode first.  Arggg! Thank you

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements