cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf644 scan to email settings

dennis1953
Apprentice

i don't know how to set the scan to email on mf644. i looked at the setup but not sure how to configure. have gmail & wouild like to set for gmail. i'm not sure of the settings I need to set or leave blank. I use outlook on pc but it works to the gmail account ok .

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

username: full email address

PW; gmail password

Outgoing SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com

Ports are 465 or 587 with STARS TLS encryption 

and

enable {allow} connection of "less sure apps" in the gmail account.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for reply.

I have no idea what your reply means or what to do to setup. I'm not a tech. I need to know how to setup in SIMPLE instructions. from 1st step to last. I tried to flow but since they call the items in the instruction one name & the machine is another name I'm not sure. I would have thought canon would have simple end user instructions but they don't. so I'm stuck.

Thanks.

Greetings,

The first step is enabling less secure apps in your gmail account.   The printer is compatible with most mail providers...  Gmail, Comcast, Outlook, yahoo..  etc.  Canon doesn't know which you'll use, this is up to you.  

Use Google, Search term - "Gmail Enable Less Secere Apps"

Which will give you something like this:

Less secure apps & your Google Account - Google Account Help

Email configuration starts on page 91:

imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / MF642Cdw / MF641Cw User's Guide (c...

There are only 5 items (fields) you need to populate;

Username is your full gmail address: "username@gmail.com"

Password: self explanitory

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com

Port: 587 (this is what i use)

Authentication: On ; "TLS"

Thats it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Dennis1953.

To setup the Mf644 to scan to your Gmail account, you would need to adjust some settings for your Gmail and you would need to enter the Gmail mail settings into the printer so it knows how to connect to your email account. To enter your email information into the Mf644 you would need to log into the remote UI using the steps in the provided HERE.

Once you are logged into the UI, you can use the steps provided in the link HERE to enter your Email information. If you are not familiar with the specific terms or if you are having problems adjusting the settings, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our support team would be happy to walk you through the process of entering the information and connecting to your email.

Announcements